Monday, January 2, 2012

Covers, Fashion

I find the newest n more creative publication covers better than the more commercial orientated magazines that prey off celebrities for validation. My respect is established by art alone. Visual novelty, risks, conviction = creativity. Fashion.




 
Having earned the title of collector (4 years running, uhm… the same amount of time it takes to complete a degree. Yes), collecting 4 national representations of internationally initiated magazines. And, ritual follower of online versions of any fashion source available. I think I’ve equipped myself with the knowledge and discernment to tell liberal from conventional from creative from bad. Cover wise.

Voila is that South African mag is there, in terms of creativity. This magazine (cover), guys, is too cool. It just needs to work on content. Everything inside. Feels free. Like it is. It should feel like a treat, a undeserved pleasure to have the opportunity to experience the efforts of creatives at par. I mean, that’s the only reason I often overlook the recycled covers of those other magazines.The only ripe publication in good standing is Vogue. Again, we were talking about covers



FGR

1 comment: